Important information about our outdoor cultural program “Sommer im Hof”
Please buy your tickets in advance from München Ticket to avoid lengthy queues at the Museum ticket office on the evening of the event. Any remaining tickets will still be on sale at the museum’s ticket office on the night. Print@home and mobile tickets can normally be purchased online at www.muenchenticket.de right up to the start of the event. It may even be possible to buy tickets for events held between July 24, 2021 and August 01, 2021 after the event has started.
Tickets for the International Silent Film Festival are available at the ticket office of the Filmmuseum. The ticket office opens at 8 pm. From August 2 reservations can be made online over the ticket-shop of the Münchner Stadtmuseum. There will be no ticket pre-sale.
Admission to the Münchner Stadtmuseum courtyard will normally be restricted to a 45-minute time slot between 6.15 pm and the start of the event at 7.00 pm. Please note that the International Silent Film Festival and matinees have different admission and start times.
Coronavirus measures/hygiene rules
Do not attend if you feel unwell.
Do not attend if you have:
- a confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- had contact with a positive COVID-19 case in the last 14 days (this does not apply to medical and nursing staff) and/or people currently subject to quarantine requirements.
- common COVID-19 symptoms (acute, non-specific general symptoms, loss of smell and taste, respiratory symptoms of any severity).
As when visiting the museum, the following rules also apply:
- For as long as the 7-day incidence rate for Munich remains consistently below 50, people will not be required to take a COVID-19 test before attending an event.
- Adults and young people aged 16 and over must wear an FFP2 mask everywhere in the event venue and the Münchner Stadtmuseum. A mouth-and-nose face covering is sufficient for 6- to 15-year-olds. Visitors may remove their face masks once they are seated outdoors or are in their allocated place in the standing area.
- Please maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters from other people.
- Please wash your hands regularly and observe cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Beverages may only be consumed at your own seat or place in the standing area.
Further information about our outdoor events
These events will be held in rain and in shine. If, however, the weather is sufficiently adverse as to force a cancellation, information will be available two hours before its start either here on this website or by calling 089-233-22370. In the case of severe weather, screenings will be relocated to the movie theatre of the Filmmuseum.
If an event is canceled, you can obtain a refund via München Ticket.
You should bring a rain jacket or poncho with you, but please refrain from using umbrellas out of consideration for those sitting behind you.
Beverages will be on saleat the Stadtcafé in the courtyard. Please observe the social-distancing markers while waiting to be served. Beverages may only be consumed at your own seat or place in the standing area.
Thank you for your support!